Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome to Living the E-Life

Hello Everyone -

This is an ongoing journal about the E-life class I will be teaching this fall. I will post my questions about the readings, reflections on the course, and important local lectures and current events that are related to the weekly topic. As I have asked students in the course to blog about their own media use and critically think about how their use is related to our course readings, I will do the same. My hope is to learn from students in the same contextual manner that they might learn from me.

My primary interest is in the way that new technologies divide and bring together people and communities and how new media literacy can act as an agent of empowerment.

Critical consumption and responsible production will be the guiding theme of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment